Following an announcement from the Minister of Agriculture on 8th May 2018, Finance Ireland Agri has launched MilkFlex as a national product, available through participating Co-ops.
The key feature of MilkFlex is that it has inbuilt ‘flex triggers’ that can adjust loan repayments in line with movements in milk price, thereby providing farmers with cash flow relief when most needed.
MilkFlex is designed to help dairy farmers increase efficient dairy production and can be used for a wide variety of purposes.
Purpose of the loan
- Investment in productive dairy farm assets
- Farm infrastructure (milking parlours, animal housing, farm roadways, etc.)
- Dairy livestock purchases
- Any work related to environmental schemes, low emissions slurry equipment (TAMS funded and non-TAMS funded) etc.
- Grassland or land improvement, including reseeding and drainage works
- Technological improvements, e.g. milking robots, monitoring equipment etc.
- Refinancing of any loan, cash or cashflow used in / on dairy farm projects, which commenced on or after 1st March 2014
- Working capital for dairy farming